Monday, September 28, 2020

Week 23- Puppies Make Everything Better

March 9, 2020 

Hello Everybody, Happy Monday! (Well, for me, probably not for all of my friends at school and work) 


Last Monday we had a really fun activity at a members house that was SO FANCY! They had a trampoline park, volleyball, tennis, and basketball courts, a soccer field, and tether ball! And a pool, but we are not allowed to swim. It was super fun and it was great to bounce on trampolines and catch up with some sisters I haven't seen in a while! 
Tuesday night there was a really cool Women's Conference for our stake, we invited a lot of people and none of them came :( But the conference was great! It was about Eve, her role in God's plan, our role in God's plan, and how Eve's story can help us! 
Sadly Pete cancelled our lesson for Wednesday, but we rescheduled for next week, so hopefully that goes well! We tried to go to our usual service at the old folk's home, but they told us they weren't allowing any volunteers in because of Coronavirus. Everyone is unnecessarily panicked here, but hopefully it will all calm down soon. We got to hold puppies at a members house who breeds dogs, and their dog just had a litter of goldendoodles! They are so precious! We had a lesson with Heather on Wednesday night, she is so sweet, I love her! I hope she can see how much Christ can bless her life! 
Thursday was sad. We stayed inside ALL DAY because my companion was sick, and I was so bored. 
On Friday we had a lesson with Scott, and that went well! We taught him about faith, repentance, baptism, and the holy ghost! We used a neat bicycle analogy that really helped him understand what we were teaching him. We also biked to district council in Eagle, then we did work in our furthest ward, which is not that far, but at the end of the day when we calculated our miles (just out of curiosity) we found out that we actually biked 20.1 miles that day. It was then that I realized that maybe I work my companions too hard :/ 
On Saturday, we just did a lot of visits and have been inviting a lot of people to this really neat event that is happening in our stake called "The Living Last Supper", where they recreate the painting "The Last Supper" by DaVinci with real people. 
On Sunday we did our usual thing, church and a lot of meetings! The members we had dinner with are great people :) Our ward mission leader also gave us snacks! The members here are amazing, I love them! And I love all of you, let me know how you are doing!
So that's all that happened this week, but I do have a few more things to say! 
The prophet Russell M. Nelson recently put out a video in which he invites us to hear Jesus Christ! It is so awesome, and you can watch it at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/blog/how-do-you-hear-him-a-special-invitation?lang=eng
ALSO I just wanted to say that there are a lot of hard things in the world, and a lot of people who seek to deceive . Chad Daybell is one of those people. Now I bring this up because it is something that has affected my area specifically. Just know that although Mr.Daybell claims to be a member of our church, HE IN NO WAY REPRESENTS WHAT WE BELIEVE. Someone in one of my wards abandoned their husband and kids to follow this nut job and go camp out in the woods. So if you see his name on the news, just know that he is not a true disciple of Jesus Christ, and he is not a leader of our church. We only follow Jesus Christ! 

Mormon 9:21
Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.  







No comments:

Post a Comment